WESTERN MASS INTERGROUP:
is a body made up of representatives from all AA groups in the area (Area 31). It has met on a monthly basis since it was established in 1953. Each AA group elects, annually, one of its members (one year of sobriety recommended) to serve as its representative on this important committee, and, an alternate to regularly attend its meetings (one year of sobriety recommended). Its main responsibilities are to:
Conclusion: At no time is Western Mass Intergroup interested in running the affairs of any AA member groups.
WESTERN MASS STEERING COMMITTEE is an advisory subcommittee of Western Mass Intergroup comprised of 11 members, which meets on a monthly basis. The committee reviews issues or concerns, discusses ideas and plans, relevant to the body for discussion and or action. The Steering Committee also serves to provide continuity between past and present chairpersons and assists the Executive Committee to carry out Intergroup policies when requested by the body.
The Steering Committee is composed of the following Officers of Intergroup:
1) Chairperson (serves as chairperson of Steering Committee)
2) Secretary - Records minutes of the meeting
3) Treasurer - Handles financial ends of Intergroup and works with the Intergroup Officers on all affairs.
4) Office Manager - Handles the buying and stocking of the literature and manages the store and works with the Intergroup Officers on all affairs.
5) Bookie Coordinator - Maintains a list of bookies in the area.
6) One Past Chairperson of Intergroup (2-year term) Immediate Past Chairperson - Takes Events
Coordinators Position, responsible for certain events, and creation of events, throughout their term.
7) Two Intergroup Representatives: l-year term, elected by full Intergroup body at the annual Intergroup election in November: (Minimum l-year sobriety) (Term to begin in January)
8) Two Intergroup Representatives: 2-year term, elected by full Intergroup body at the annual Intergroup election in November: (Minimum l-year sobriety) (Term to begin in January)
9) One Intergroup Representative: 2-year term, appointed by Intergroup Chairperson terms to coincide with that of the Chairperson (Term to begin in January)
Vacancies occurring on the Steering Committee shall be filled at the next regular meeting of Intergroup, to serve until the next annual election, apart from the two positions appointed be the chair. Accurate minutes of Steering Committee meetings will be recorded, published and reported at the next regular meeting of Intergroup.
Guests are welcomed to participate in Steering Committee meeting discussions but are not eligible to vote.
2022-2024 Western Mass Intergroup Officers
Bob M - Chairman - Office Manager (outgoing) (incoming) Yolanda
Dan B - Treasurer - Office Manager (outgoing) (incoming) Position Open
Lindsey - Secretary
2022-2024 Bookie Coordinator
2022-2024 Events Coordinator
Western Mass Intergroup Office Staff
Joy F -Office Supervisor
Bob B - Meeting Guide App Supervisor and Intergroup Webmaster
The pamphlet below is our "Questions and Answers on WM Intergroup"
It will answer many of the questions you may have about the daily operations of your Intergroup office.
THIS INCLUDES THE PIE CHART FOR DONATIONS