WESTERN MASS INTERGROUP:
is a body made up of representatives from all AA groups in the area (Area 31). It has met on a monthly basis since it was established in 1953. Each AA group elects, annually, one of its members (one year of sobriety recommended) to serve as its representative on this important committee, and, an alternate to regularly attend its meetings (one year of sobriety recommended). Its main responsibilities are to:
Conclusion: At no time is Western Mass Intergroup in running the affairs of AA member groups.
WESTERN MASS STEERING COMMITTEE:
is an advisory subcommittee of Western Mass Intergroup which meets on a monthly basis. The committee reviews issues or concerns discuss ideas and plans relevant to the body for discussion and or action. The Steering Committee also serves to provide continuity between past and present chairpersons and assists the Executive Committee to carry our Intergroup policies when requested by the body. The Steering Committee is composed of the following
Officers of Intergroup:
1. Chairperson (serves as chairperson of Steering Committee)
2. Secretary - Records minutes of the meeting
3. Treasurer - Handles financial ends of Intergroup and works with the GM on all affairs
4. General Manager - Handles all day to day activities of Intergroup office
5. Book Store Manager – Handles the buying and stocking of the literature with the GM
6. Bookie Coordinator – Maintains a list of bookies in the are
7. 1 Past Chairperson of Intergroup (2-year term) 2 year: Immediate Past Chairperson takes Events Coordinators Position Responsible for Certain Events, and Creation of Events, throughout their term. 8. 2 Intergroup Representatives: 1-year term, elected by full Intergroup body at the annual Intergroup election in January…(Minimum 1-year sobriety)
9. 2 Intergroup Representatives: 2-year term, elected by full Intergroup body at the annual Intergroup election in October…(Minimum 1-year sobriety)
10. 1 Intergroup Representatives: 2-year term, appointed by Intergroup Chairperson terms to coincide with that of the Chairperson Guests are welcomed to participate in Steering Committee meeting discussions but are not eligible to vote.
2020-2022 Western Mass Intergroup Officers
Mike R. - Chairperson
Kevin L - Treasurer
Katie G - Secretary
Western Mass Intergroup Office Staff
Kevin L - Business Manager
Joy F - Office Manager
Eddie K - Staff
Rene D - Staff
Kevin L - Webmaster
The pamphlet below is our "Questions and Answers on WM Intergroup"
It will answer many of the questions you may have about the daily operations of your Intergroup office.